January 31, 2009

Last Night

So, the plans didnt all work out. I never made it to the sea sauna due to a rather late night last night. For starters, the Russian film was in Russian (funnily enough) but the subtitles were not English as we thought, but in fact Finnish. So I was a bit out of the loop. My housemate, bless her, tried to translate the important bits of dialogue for me. Actually, I was surprised by how much I could get from the Finnish subs :) Proud me, hehe. Anyway, it also helped that the film was about a Ballet Dancer just before the Russian revolution, so a lot of the film was dancing and no dialogue. So wasnt a complete waste.

Then we didnt make it to Dynamo. We went there first, and it was comepletely empty. So we went to Koulu for a quick drink, and then ended up in Onnela. This is a chain of clubs in Finland, not unlike Oceana in England. Not really my kind of music, but once it got busy there was enough atmosphere not to care. Drinks were blooming expensive though, so was sober by the time we left for the last bus. My housemates Russian friend that had joined us didnt know which bus he needed to get home (the night buses have different routes and numbers). So he ended up getting our bus home and stayed here. So we just enjoyed a lovely leisurely breakfast together.

Anyway, so due to a 4am bedtime, I didnt fancy getting up at 11am on my day off to go off to the sea sauna. I need to buy a few things before Lapland, so maybe I'll go shopping instead :)

Oh, I should say there were some bizzare goings on last night, I shall list a few;
  • Bruce Forsight of all people was in the Russian film!
  • There was a man in a full kilt in Onnela (long socks and all)
  • Russian physicists dance just like English ones.
  • I seemed to be the only one dancing to Lady GaGa, but everyone was on the dancefloor for Sash! later :)
  • And a trance remix of the Pirates of The Carribean theme song seemed very popular also.

No comments: