January 16, 2009

Incoming!

Or should that be outcoming?

You would not believe what just came out of my mouth. The hole where my tooth used to be, after 3 weeks, had finally filled up with a soft spongy tissue, but still not healed properly. Today however I noticed something solid making its way to the surface. After many hours, I was finally able to manoeuvre it free. It looks kind of like a toenail, but I'm guessing its a thin fragment of bone or tooth. Although comparing it to the tooth (yes, I have it with me in a jar) I really think its the wrong shape. So I'm guessing the dentist chipped my jaw when he took the tooth out. Seriously! No wonder its been so blooming painful. I'm just relieved to have an explanation, and that now its out, it will hopefully, finally heal over into a nice happy little bit of gum.

Fingers crossed eh?

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Will you shut up about your sodding mouth?! Some good dentist he is then- I mean I guess that was a difficult tooth to get to but still,for what you paid and everything you'd think he'd try and be a bit more careful.

Keira said...

Alright, alright, I'll stop now :) Actually its been fine today. The swellings gone down and havent really had any pain, so I'm guessing by monday I will no longer be boring you with hourly update :)

But yeah, considering the price, you think he'd make more of an effort. I mean, I know these things happen, but come on...