January 16, 2009

Keeping Busy

I had a rubbish day at work yesterday so was rather up for a drink and a dance at the welcome party for the new exchange students last night. I went with my flatmate, who I seem to be getting on surprisingly well with now that Spanish housemate has moved out. Anyway, met some nice new people and generally had a good night. Had to leave for the last bus home at midnight though, which was a shame, but I felt a bit rough this morning, so maybe it was for the best. Anyway, had a better day at work in terms of my happiness, but not in terms of research. Not only did I completely mess up a whole afternoon's work for me by plating the wrong thing, I also switch off a machine that someone else was using, nearly ruining their experiment too. Impressive rate of failure there...

Anyway, tonight I am gonna tuck myself up in bed for an early night, as I am returning to Helsinki tomorrow. I have no other plans, and remembered reading about an exhibition of asian art going on at Kiasma, the museum of modern art. The exhibition is called Drawn in the Clouds, and features works from Li Wei among others. I'm not often into art, but I've seen some photo's of Li Wei's somewhere (cant remeber if it was a newspaper or magazine) before and liked them, so thought while I have nothing better to do I may as well head over and have a look. And I've managed to arrange to meet up with some of my language course buddies while I'm at it, so should be a good day all round.

Here's my favourite piece from Li Wei...

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

"Don't try this at home" :)))