January 30, 2009

Its All Starting Up Again

So, its already got to the point where I'm a busy little girl. The next few weeks are gonna be packed.
* Tonight I'm off with Russian housemate to watch a film with the Russian Language Circle (The English Language Circle meet was a bit of a disaster last night, so lets not dwell on that). After the film, we're heading to Dynamo, a funky club in town, my favourite in fact.

* Tomorrow I've been invited to the sea sauna. I thought I could get away with the sauna and then just look out into the sea, but I have a feeling that if I dont go for a swim voluntarily, that I will be forced... Oh, and its meant to be like -5 tomorrow. Goodie. Then in the evening I'm meeting a friend from last semester who is heading back to Korea to say goodbye :( Then the Finnish esc selection final in the evening!

* Then Sunday some people are going sledging. We'll see how the snow is, but not sure whether I'll join them yet. Might still be frozen after the sea!

* Monday will be business as usual.

* And then Tuesday, well Tuesday, I am just popping up across the artic circle for a week of skiing, cottaging, and husky safaris! Yes, I'm off to Lapland for 5 days! Should be awesome, I'm so excited!!! I'll be sharing a cottage with some of the French people I met on the last cottage weekend, and also my housemate and her Russian friends will be around somewhere, so should be a fun week. Also, it will help take my mind off the fact that Rachel will no longer be just across the Baltic sea, and in fact back in the UK. Going to Guildford no less. I'm not jealous. Well, I am a bit, but being up in Lapland should numb the pain (see what I did there?)

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Guildford won't be the same without you! I'm starting to feel quite sad now- we can't have any more trans-Baltic races :(

So it's the Finnish final tomorrow,the UK one,the Danish one and another heat of the Norwegian finals.Gonna be a busy night of frustrating internet feeds and ESCToday updates methinks.

Keira said...

Yeah, maybe you should have stayed in Germany for the night. At least you can watch the UK one on telly.
Say hi to Guildford for me :)