January 22, 2009

Still Keeping Busy

Tonight was the first meeting of the English Language Circle for the spring semester. There weren't nearly as many people as last semester, but they seemed like a nice bunch. We went for coffee and had a nice chat. I hope they keep coming, and that the group will get going again like it did last semester. After all, its pretty much my only way of meeting other exchange students here.

As for the past week, its been going pretty well. I made a silly mistake in my calculations at work this morning, but other than that it feels like a really successful week. Pretty much doing the same things I did just before Christmas, but just before Christmas I had the startings of a terrible cold, and so my brain wouldnt work. Although I could do the experiment, I didnt really understand the hows and whys of it. But now I do! Hurrah! My work has a purpose. Actually, feeling fairly confident at work recently. Dunno whats got into me. Being all independant in my work, and being bolder with colleagues as well (smiling, saying Hei etc).

What else have I got up to this week... Well of course there was Helsinki on Saturday. Was a really nice day, possibly just because it was so spontanious. Went to Kiasma with my friend, which was pretty fun actually. Look at the pretty human kaleidascope made by one of the works of art...




Then we went for lunch in a cafe, where we met up with our old Finnish teacher. And then 3 hours late, I also met up with another friend from my language course, and went back to the old flat in Passila, where there were more familiar faces to be seen :) Actually, got so carried away in conversations that I nearly missed the last train home. Thank goodness for the night buses in Turku on the weekend - I had never intended to stay that late!

I'm hoping to head to Tampere this Saturday. Need to make the most of my free Saturdays while I still have them :)

No comments: