January 11, 2009

Finnish Esc Selection - Week 1

I also decided to check out what happened at the Finnish selection on friday night. I tried to watch the feed at the time, and despite being in Finland, it still didnt seem to want to work. Sound (not the right sound either) and no picture. So gave up on that.

I had written a bit about my '
ones to watch' as such, when the acts were first announced. The full songs are now available to listen to, but I didnt get around to it until this morning, when I just watched this little youtibe clip of samples of each. From my 'ones to watch', I think we can safely eliminate Jari as its a little bland really. We can probably eliminate Tiara and Riikka too, since they were put through to the second chance round after their performanced on Friday. Which is a shame. I cant find Riikka's performance, but Tiara's was good. Although maybe a little too similar to Hanna Pakarinen's performance in 2007. Angsty breakup song.

Kwan and Tapani Kansa got through. Kwan had a bit of shody performance (well, so did Tapani, he had to start again), but apparently they are favourites to go to Moscow. I think that would be a mistake, but whatever.


I still stand by
Vink (more so now I've heard the song), and definitely Waldo's People. Still think Signmark could be a dark horse, depending on the performance on the night I guess. Others to look out for would be Sani and Passionworks.

However, I'm going to eat my words a bit and say that Waldo's People is definitely my favourite. The video is a bit strange but the song is very catchy. Its contemporary, but still has all the eurovision elements. See what you think...



1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I like this too, it's got an E-Type/Alcazar vibe to it. Go Waldo's People!