January 23, 2009

Here Comes The Snow

I thought I'd be getting used to this snow lark. Especially with my funky new snow boots from home (knowing the Finnish equivalent would have cost be €30 or so more makes the boots feel that much better). However yesterday there was a decent couple of hours of snow fall, and so this morning I was slipping and sliding with the best of them again. At least the bus driver seemed to be coping with it ok. The bus home yesterday involved a lot of ... shall we say 'shaky' pull aways. None of the Finns seemed concerned, but I have to say it made me a little nervous.

Anyway, good practice for my trip to Lapland(!) in a fortnight!

(Oh, and Rach, notice the title, did you see what I did there?)

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

It took me a while,I have to say- been a long day :)

Bet you wish someone would magic you to the place where your (meterological) dreams come true.

Our phantom snow is slowing down now thankfully.Did it really hard for about half an hour and stayed on the ground too :/