January 27, 2009

Melodifestivalen... Could be interesting...

My laptop is being rather disagreeable lately, but lets see if I can do a bit of updating. Before I get into the third Finnish esc selection show, I want to say a few words about Melodifestivalen. I've never really followed it before, but after hearing that both Måns and E.M.D. would be taking part this year, I thought I'd have a little look around the website. I have learnt many things in the last 30minutes. Some good, some haunting to the very core of my being...

* The favourite to win is a chap called Marko oolio (I believe he's favourite... just. With Måns in close second). Anyway, he's from Lahti! He's a Finn. Haha, he should so win. That would make me laugh. Except of course, I want Måns to win :)

* Måns's song (is that the right punctuation? who knows) sounds like it will be awesome. Am very excited :) In fact anything new from Måns can only be a good thing :)

* I'm also intruiged by a bloke called Jonathan Fagerlund... He looks Finnish to me, but apon googling, it seems he is most definitely not. Either way, he seems to have a good voice. No match for Måns mind you :)

* E.M.D.'s song (again with the stupid punctuation!) actually doesnt sound as bad as I was expecting. Not that I was expecting bad, but the title of the song (Baby Goodbye) makes me think of Friday Hill's song everytime. Thankfully its supposed to be an uplifting song, so I'm guessing a 'You're no good for me, I'm breaking up with you, goodbye' song, not a 'I'm so sad we're breaking up, boo hoo, insert chav rap, more boo hoo' type song. Ahem.

* However the most disturbing thing I learnt was with regards to a miss Amy Diamond. She irritates me without even listening to her music, which just tips me over the edge. So I was sad enough to learn she is entering again this year. More disturbing however, was to find out that she spent many years growing up in Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire. Yes, thats right people, she was growing up in my beautiful home county of Hertfordshire, a mere 15minutes drive away! It gives me chills just thinking about it. I used to think Bishop Stortford was a nice place. This news has tarnished it for me now. It will never be the same again :(


But yay! Måns! :) :) :)


(Can you tell I'm excited about Måns?)

3 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Måååååååååååååååååååååååns!!!!!

I'm so excited about him being back in MF. Did you know that his new album is due out at the end of March? Måns and Salem Al Fakir bringing out albums in the same week. I think I might just spontaneously combust or something. :)))

E.M.D. should be in with a good chance as well, BWO will also be there although they're doing a ballad, bit disappointed as I'm not a ballad fan but it will be yet another chance to drool over Martin :)

Hope Markoolio doesn't win, I never really understood why he is so popular in Sweden.

Amy Diamond again...oh nooo. Obviously her irritation levels were too high and she was driven out of Bishop Stortford, never to return. As if that's not bad enough, there's also Molly Sanden this year, another irritating youngster who's like the new Carola or something. Enough said.

Keira said...

Oh dear, the old Carola is quite enough thank you, we dont need a young one as well!
And I hope E.M.D. do well, not sure I want them to win, I dont see them as being the right fit for esc, but so long as they get to the final I will be happy :)

And thats great news about a new Mans album (I'm not at work, so cant use my funky 'a with tiny o' button, so will have to settle for a). I feel a second trip to Stockholm coming on... Ooo, I hope he wins! :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

No I don't think we need another Carola, one is more than enough :)

I can't get the funky-a-with-tiny-o at work but can get it at home!! anyway I really really hope Måns wins. Ooh a second trip to Stockholm!! That sounds so exciting!! I'm plotting a trip to Gothenburg in April, although this has hit a snag as faithful travelling companion's employers are being pains in the **** and not granting annual leave yet, which is somewhat disrupting my cunning plan :( however fingers crossed that this may be resolved in the coming weeks....