January 22, 2009

Blurb about my choice of music this week.

Oh, and on a musical side-note, I LOVE my new ipod :) I mean, its not really any different to the old one apart from the fact that my old one had a complete meltdown and wont work anymore...

But, since getting the new ipod, its pretty much been surgically attached to me during lab hours. I love the laid-back attitude of the Finns. Anyway, the battery life being as good as it is (wonder how long that will last), I've been enjoying a vast array of albums, everything from Funeral For A Friend to Backstreet Boys. Its been good. But this week, the most listened to awards have to go to the Script and A1. Not really along the same lines, but still. I got my hands on a copy of the Scripts album just after Christmas, and only got around to listening to it this week. Gosh its good. I listened to it about 3 times over in one day alone. To be fair, I was doing other things at the time too, but you know what I mean. I'm so glad we finally have something decent in our charts, a band worthy of their sucess.

Of course, despit A1 having the novelty factor of being a boyband that did write a lot of their own songs, they arent really in the same ball park shall we say. However, this was the band of my childhood. I was absolutely obsessed with Ben for those pre-pubescent years of mine. They were my first gig (London, UK2K tour, haha) and I loved their first two albums dearly. Clearly, the obsession, however strong, was fairly short-lived, as I had moved onto the likes of Linkin Park by the time the third album was out, and didnt bother to buy it... Anyway, I found it in a second hand shop/warehouse here in Turku, and it looked so sad sitting on the shelf unloved and unwanted for only €3 that I just had to buy it. There are some good tracks on their. I'm still easing myself into it, but also having a total guilty pleasure fest by listening to all the albums at work...

So I've decided to share the main release from the third album with you. The song is called Caught in the Middle, and interestingly enough the video was shot in Finland. I always assumed, what with Christian being Norweigen, that this video was shot in Norway. But actually, it was shot on a peninsula in the Kirkkonummi area, which is one of the stops the Intercity train makes on the journey from here to Helsinki...


2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Pop video pilgrimage anyone? I certainly will in Paris.

Keira said...

Haha, you'll be posing by that bridge wont you? Well, I would go, but it looks like everywhere else in Finland, so dont really feel the need. I keep thinking as I watch it, how they must have timed it perfectly to get that much snow. In the south anyway...