August 30, 2008

Minulla on Fabulous Pink Rug

Lookie what I found today! Theres loads of second hand tat stores around the town here, so thought I'd have a look for something to brighten up my room with. And I found a huge pink rug. It fits perfectly into my room, and I love it. The woman in the store let me chose my own price - think she wanted me to haggle, but I'm not used to that. In the end, I got it for nearly half what she first asked for it, so I'm happy :)



Also, I start work on monday, which is a bit daunting since I still have no idea what I'm doing. But at least now I know a time and a place, so thats a good start. Hopefully all will go well.


Feeling a bit lonely in my flat today. Gonna be a long weekend I think. I have one other flatmate but I havent spoken to her much. And then the other room is still empty to my knowledge. We had a 'erasmus student welcome party' at a club in town on thursday though, which was good fun. My tutor, Kirsi, invited us round to her flat for pre-drinks first - she makes a potent punch, hehe. So that was a nice chance to meet and chat to people. Hopefully this will continue, hehe.

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

That is really nice- we've got one in the kitchen that I want to take home,and our placemats too.There's a few tat shops in town- not second hand ones but stupidly cheap ones that I want to buy loads of things from.Damn bloody luggage weight restrictions!

Keira said...

I know, as I was lugging the rug home I realised that I'd have to abandon it after the year :( Weighs a ton.