August 05, 2008

First Attempt at being a Tourist.

So I finally managed to get my camera working last night (as you could gather) and today after a gruelling day of speaking Finnish, it stopped raining and the sun came out! Hurrah! So I did a quick sweep of the harbour area and some of the other areas and took some snaps. I forgot my map, so just followed the english-speaking tourists. Its quite a lovely city, but the traffic lights take way too long to change.

Anyway, I've uploaded the album for your amusement.

Early Sightseeing in Helsinki


Edit: I've added some more pictures from the art museum today, and added some captions to explain what some of the pictures are of.

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Slow traffic lights...I'm glad it's not just Kiel that has that issue!I take it the roads are about 3 miles wide as well and you don't quite get enough time to cross?

Keira said...

Actually crossing time is sufficient. Well, for a young person anyway. But yeah, the streeta re about 4 cars wide in some places.