August 21, 2008

The Dreaded Exam...

So, these are my last few days in Helsinki. I am really sad to be leaving. This really isnt a very big city and I feel very settled and happy. I've also made lots of good friends, most of who are staying in Helsinki. So I'm sure I'll be back for the odd weekend :)

I move to Turku on saturday. After all the confusion, everything has finally been sorted. I was originally told we would have to move out by 10am on friday, which would mean taking all my luggage into uni with me to pick up the certificates (assuming I pass) and then getting on a train to head to Turku, My tutor (or pick-up person) never emailed me back, so I thought I would have to get my own keys, in which case I would have to arrive by 2pm, so would have to get the 12noon train - so very stressful.


Luckily, I have a friend in Turku doing the language course, who will still be there this week. And she kindly agreed to pick up my keys for me. Then today I was told, I could definately stay until sunday in Helsinki, so have arranged with my friend to move on saturday, which is less stressful for me and for her!


And then of course, there was the exam, which we had this morning. I actually thought it was pretty straight-forward, and standard stuff. I think my spelling was off in a few places, and I know I got some of my cases mixed up. I think I said that this moring 'I was to my room' rather than 'I was in my room' But oh well, the pass mark is only 50%. Then the oral exam was a little more difficult, my examiner spoke pretty fast and I didnt catch a lot of what she said, but overall we managed to have a conversation, and it was only 5minutes long, so I hope I passed! We will find out tomorrow.


For tonight - we party!

No comments: