August 23, 2008

Rock, Rytmi & Rakkaus

Last night's festival was a great was to end my stay here in the capital. It was a 40th anniversary so all the music was from 1968. The square was packed and the people were all over the steps of the cathedral. Great atmosphere.


Still cant believe I'm going :( I dont know if I'm sad to leave the city or the people I've met here. Both I guess. But I'm sure I'll be back numerous times (possibly even as soon as monday...) Most of my favourite people are staying in Helsinki, the others are going to Oulu and Seinajoki, so will have some travelling to do during the year. And hopefully I'll have the odd visitor too.


Anyhoo, I just thought I'd put a final post before I go, because similar to last time, I have no idea how long it will take me to get internet back again. Apparently it can take up to 2 weeks :/ But then thats what they said in Helsinki, and for an unlucky few it was true, but fingers crossed I can strike gold twice :)


Moi Moi!

5 comments:

Raquelita said...

Oh good,2 weeks isn't quite as bad as 10 months.
I've been meaning to ask you about Moi Moi,it's a term that bothers me- is it a greeting used at all times?They say Moin Moin in Kiel- I thought it was related to the Luxembourgish word for hello,but maybe it's a Scandinavian thing?Although I've never heard a Norwegian say it...

Raquelita said...

I have a little seal in a sailor's hat that says it when you squeeze him as well,before launching into an accordion based sailor song.Dima loves him!

Keira said...

Aww, cute! Moi Moi is a way of saying bye, but I think I've heard people say it as greeting too I think. Basically to say hello you say Hei (or in the south they also say Moi) and so then to say bye you say Hei Hei (or Moi Moi). Easy peasy!

Keira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raquelita said...

Ah,I think some people here say Hej,that's very Scandinavian.I prefer saying that,coz it just feels so wrong saying "Hallo" in a German accent when you don't normally!