August 16, 2008

Puhutko Suomea?

Ah, what a great couple of nights. After the boredom that was thursday, I spontaneously decided to head to the ESN club night (erasmus student network) and met up with people from my course to have a drink and a dance. The club was quite nice, but the music was a bit strange - reggae is never good music to start with, its just too slow generally.

And then yesterday I thought I would be knackered. After the late night at the club, followed by
a whole day of lessons on grammar, eugh. Then in the afternoon we went out in our small groups to ask people questions, like 'whats the time, where is the market square, is the fish fresh', hehe. Unfortunately we went to a tourist area, where most people we stopped and asked didnt speak Finnish, hmm.

After that we headed to Suomenlinna Fortress, and island that was used as Helsinki (and Finlands) main fortress. Its a lovely island, with beautiful views, old cannons, a beach, and a population of around 800. Theres a church, school, shop etc. Interesting, but maybe made better by the beautiful sunshine that made its way through the clouds yesterday afternoon.



In the evening, four of us just headed into town to chill out at a bar, and just chat about reason why we came to Finland, Italy, Vienna, Business and Cows. After that we tried and failed to get into a club, but with an age limit of 24 (!) this little blogger couldn't get in :(


Today I plan to go to the zoo, despite the heavy rain forecast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyllä, minä puhun vähän suomea.
Héhé, I found your weblog! (Because you posted my video here somewhere). I'll try to read your adventures in Turku. Keep up the good blogging!
I still have to write my first post from Finland on my own blog, I suppose I'll start to write in English (or maybe Finnish) so everybody understands...
Good luck with the studies!
Bye

Keira said...

Hyvä, minä myös :
Maybe you could write in English. I dont think i'd understand Finnish, hehe. I tried to read the Flemmish, but understood about 3 words, and one of them was Helsinki, hehe.
Hope your prepared for our last day of lessons! Not looking forward to the exam at all...