September 24, 2008

Time for a Quick Rant

A cash machine swallowed my card in town today. Not that it was random - I had entered my pin wrong 3 times in a row. I still cant remember what it is now. I must be getting old. Anyway, was the last thing in a long line of things that had gone wrong today, and as I rung my mum to tell her the good news, I was feeling seriously fed up of this living abroad lark, and wanted to go running back home.

I guess there will always be trying times, but learning to get through them will hopefully help me build character. I cant run home everytime something goes wrong. And actually it isnt as big of a disaster as I first thought. I have two bank accounts in england (one set up specifically because the bank doesnt charge for withdrawels abroad), so can still withdraw money with the other card - it'll just charge me for the pleasure.


This has taught me a lesson though. Perhaps I should actually put some money into that Finnish bank account I set up to pay my student union fee. You know, for emergencies, like having my bank card swallowed by a cash machine...

No comments: