September 25, 2008

9 Months Encounting

Warning; very self-absorbed post below. Just me ranting about how rubbish life is at the moment. Please ignore, I'll probably feel totally different by morning...

Today has been yet another bad day, and I'm not even sure why. I think after the fabulous weekend, this week has been a real return to reality. I've been here nearly 2 months now, and I think homesickness is setting in big time. It doesnt help that I still havent made any friends, nobody at work even talks to each other, let alone me, and now I have no money either. Work is actually pretty boring bog-standard stuff that makes me wonder why I spent 2years at university to end up doing something as mundane as my job at tesco. And since the work is so rubbish, it really does make me question why I'm here at all? I mean, great I get to travel and explore, but other than a trip to Stockholm in a couple of weeks, thats pretty much it. And its hard to get excited about trips when you know you'll be going in a big group where people already have friends and your a loner. When I asked if we would have cabins for the overnight ferry to Stockholm, the reply was 'yes, the cabins sleep 4 people and you'll get to choose who you share with'. Well, whoop-dee-doo. I dont have anyone to choose. So that means I'll end up shoved in with a group that has a spare spot. A chance to make friends you would think. Ah perhaps not - I was never very popular at sleep-overs as a kid as I produce the worst snoring known to man. Not a great way to break the ice. Ok, so this has been a rather self-indulgent pity post, but dammit I'm gonna post it anyway.


I feel better now I've got that off my chest.

No comments: