September 10, 2008

Hurrah, we have internet!

At last! I have an internet connection in my room and life can return to normal. Apologies for the lack of posts, but that internet cafe wasnt the most cosy of places, and to be honest there really hasnt been anything positive to blog about.

Last week was a very difficult week for me. My cold
turned out to be more of a flu (fever and infection of the lungs = flu), that I have just started to get over. Then because I was sick, dragging myself out of bed to get mundane stuff done, like applying for internet, required twice the effort. All this when I've arrived in a foreign town where I dont know many people. Needless to say by friday night I was feeling very very sorry for myself.

But! With the new week brought a new job, more about that another time perhaps. And also went along to an impromptu dinner last night at another students flat one building over. Was really nice social evening and such a pleasure
to talk to people. Also, the chef made a fabulous carbonara.

Other things I will be blogging about before long; film review of Babel, album review of New York and Rovaniemi, a proper post about Tallin, and one about the town that is Turku (I have pictures).

For now, I'll just leave you with the results of trying to open a tin of beans without a tin opener. I was actually quite proud of the achievement.


2 comments:

Raquelita said...

That is impressive,it's nearly a perfect square!The question is,how long did it take?

Keira said...

Quite a while. The knife just couldnt handle corners, so had to cut it as three separate lines and then join them up.