September 26, 2008

Hvers vegna ertu farin?

This song came on the mp3 player this morning, and it cheered me up on what is becoming a dreery walk to work. And its was insanely foggy this morning, my hair was wet by the time I got to work!

Anyway, its put me in a bit of a Fridrik mood. I was really rooting for Euroband at esc this year, and shamefully kind of forgot about them afterwards. But since then there seems to have been a good fews songs added to youtube.


For example, this song. Its called Farinn, which as far as I can tell means Gone. Its a big dramatic disney-style ballad. I warn you, some of the pictures are just plain wierd.






Also, I realised that I had never heard the following song before, despite hearing about it. I actually think its brilliant and cant believe I didnt listen to it before now. Its called Eldur.





Also, I just want to point you towards some other links. This video is of him performing a cover of Queens' Somebody to Love in his hometown. And for more songs you should check out his myspace, where you can hear some other lovely ballads, such as Ef þú þiggur það (try typing that on an english keyboard!).


2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Eldur is good- it's screaming Eurovision at me.I've had Ef þú þiggur það for quite a while,I don't really like it though,bit boring for me.I really really like Somebody to Love though,heard so many different people sing it on X Factor and stuff like that,but Fridrik's version is brilliant.

Keira said...

Yeah, it is pretty special. He pulls it off as if its no big deal to take on such a classic. And considering its not his usual genre, its even better!

And yeah, Eldur is such a eurovision pedigree. Possible contains more of the required components than Party4Love. I absolutely love it.