July 06, 2008

We're Getting There

I feel like I'm starting to get a bit organised now. Today I took the big step and booked my flight to Helsinki. I'm going on saturday 2nd August. I'd been putting off booking my flight for some reason - probably nerves, now its booked it seems so final, no going back. My inexperience with flying might be another factor. Half the reason I went to Vienna was because I wanted to test myself on a plane, I had only been on a plane once before and that was a school trip 7 years ago. Now I know what to expect although I do wish the cheapest flight hadnt been going from Heathrow :S

All the accommodation is slowly getting sorted now. I confirmed the place in Turku, and am now feeling a bit better about it. Other than the distance, it actually seems like a good option. I didnt really like living in halls last year, so maybe a shared apartment is the best option. Guess it just depends on who I'm sharing with.


I've also confirmed all my Helsinki accommodation. To confirm the offer I had to send off a deposit (which was nearly 3 times the rent for the 3 weeks!), which went off friday. Now I just have to pay the rent itself and tell them when my flight arrives for them to come pick me up from the Airport (very handy). I can worry about paying for all the Turku accommodation, and how I'm gonna get to Turku (or more precisely when) later.

No comments: