July 18, 2008

I Dont Wanna But I Gotta

I've discovered a song recently thats been growing on me. The other day, one of the generic music channels was doing an American Boyband countdown, and one of the bands they showed was O-Town. I dont know how many of you know them, they had a couple of good singles out over here - Liquid Dreams and All or Nothing. I had the album, and it was your typical boyband stuff really. I think they were one of the first 'reality boybands' winning Making the Band on MTV back in 2000.

Anyway, after seeing the song on telly I wiki-ed them to see what happened to them all. Turns out one of them, Ashley Parker Angel, released a solo album with the main single being Let You Go. This is the song that has grown on me. Its that pop-rock that saw Kelly Clarkson rise to fame, but that was being done by less successful acts like Nine Days and Yellowcard long before. It was released in 2006 and reached the top 20. See what you think, but I quite like it;


No comments: