July 29, 2008

Forgotten Gems; Part 4

With only a few days before I leave, I'm almost certain I wont get all my CDs uploaded in time. So I have prioritised. All albums first, then compilation CDs, then singles. But I've been patiently going through them when I have the chance. So here's some more forgotten gems;

First up is a well-known Welsh rock band by the name of
Lostprophets. This was the first band I saw live (excluding boybands) and they were awesome. I went on to see them a total of 3 times, making them my most watched band. This is my favourite track of theirs and the song they ended with the first time I saw them. Its from their second album, Start Something. Its called Burn Burn;



Next up, we have a track from another Welsh band,
Manic Street Preachers. I was too young to appreciate it the time of release, but its now one of my favourite tracks. Its called Motorcycle Emptiness and is really moving when in the right mood. It wont allow me to embed the official video, so I will post a live performance;



We go now to another track from 1992, that is possibly more well-known. Its
The Cure with the track Friday I'm in Love. Its just a song that is timeless and makes me smile every time. And reading on Wiki, its also apparently the opening track to a Swedish soap opera;



Finally, i'm going to end with a live track.
Panic! at the Disco may have gone a little bland with the latest album, but their début, A Fever You Cant Sweat Out, is one of my favourite and most listened to albums. The band may have no credibility as the pin-ups for the latest emo generation, but at least they make good music while doing it. This is my favourite track off the album (although the album really should be appreciated as a whole). Its called Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks (you can tell they're from the Pete Wentz 'lets give all our songs the longest titles possible' school of thought);





1 comment:

Raquelita said...

Actually,it wouldn't surprise me to see a song called 'lets give all our songs the longest titles possible' on the next Coma album- it's ironic and cool :)
And there's nothing wrong with counting a1 as the first band you saw.