July 05, 2008

Nostalgia is Dangerous

Today, I've been doing nothing. Literally. So I ended up browsing the music channels, one of which was doing at rundown of the best 40 Kylie tracks. I watched for a while, hoping my favourite would come up, but then decided just to youtube it, since its not a very well-known song and so they probably wouldnt show it.

The song was called Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi (I dont know why) and was released back when I was just 2 years old. As a toddler, me and my brother had a childminder, Katie, for when my mum was at work. And one of my earliest memories was of me and Katie dancing round the dining room to I Should Be So Lucky (assuming this was at a later date than the initial release - doubt I could stand up, let alone dance). Sometime after that, my mum came across some Kylie videos at a car-boot that were just made up of her music videos. Those video were frequently watched (probably driving my mum mad). This song was on there, and it became a firm favourite for a while.


Listening to it again has brought back all these memories. I much prefer Kylies early stuff, and have never really got into any of her new stuff. So here I provide for you, in all its 80s glory, Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi;


No comments: