July 28, 2008

5 Days to Go!

Ah, just a few more days before I fly out to Finland. In the meantime, the amount of people wanting to take me out for farewell meals means perhaps I should have booked two seats, as I'm sure I'll be huge by the end of it all.

Dealing with the little loose ends now. Paying rent, sorting out bank accounts, buying a suitable bag for my hand luggage etc etc.
Had an email from the kind student who will be coming to airport to pick me up. She sounds friendly and helpful, so will be nice to have someone waiting for me at the arrivals lounge.

It all seems a bit surreal. cant quite fathom that in a weeks time I will have had a days worth of lessons and met a whole new group of people in a foreign country I've never been to before. I think in my mind I'm not worried or sad to be leaving because I'm thinking so much about Helsinki, I'm sort of forgetting that I'm going to Turku after that. I had such a good year in Guildford this year that I'm sad not to be going back.


In the meantime, heres a video of a choir in Helsinki singing about the daily irritations and complaints of the city's inhabitants. Its an ongoing project, that started in Birmingham. Check out the website (
http://www.complaintschoir.org/) for all the videos including those from Hamburg and St Petersburg.

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

"We always lose to Sweden in ice hockey and Eurovision"- Send Party 4 Love,and you won't!
I'm intrigued by the metre pizza as well...

Keira said...

Yeah sounds good, even if it is smaller than advertised. And luckily I dont have to get tram line 3 :)