March 06, 2009

Yksinäisiin Unelmiin

Apologies for the lack of posts. I will try and finish my travel diary sometime this weekend, but my laptop has been really getting on my nerves lately, and I've been trying to do most of my blogging at work. But this week has been pretty-busy work-wise. And its not likely to end for a while yet. Then also, there have been quite a few goings-on that I've wanted to blog about, but its always the way that when you have time to blog its because you have not much to blog about, and then when your busy, well your busy.

But the topic of todays post. Antti Tuisku again. I possibly like his music more than I care to admit to anyone. Its an incredibly guilty pleasure. I thought today that admitting liking Antii Tuisku to a Finn must be a bit like someone saying to me that they just adore Shayne Ward (sorry all you hard-core Shanye Ward fans, but come on...)

One of the many songs that I love of his is one called Lahtemässä. From what I can tell, its a break up song (lähtemässä = leaving). I quite like the lyrics of the second verse (again, maybe something I shouldnt admit - squirrels, apple trees, phosphorus stars, you get the idea...) but the main reason it became a favourite was because its so rhythmic and gentle, like a lullaby, and I ended up with it on repeat to help me sleep on the coach to/from Lapland.

As for Antti's voice, I tend to enjoy his music but acknowledge that he hasn't exactly a belter of a voice. Its enough, but nothing overly special. So usually I only watch 'live' performances where he dancing to a backing track, as he usually has some cool choreography (check out Levoton for a good example of the type of tracks you'll find on New York). But yes, anyway, I noticed there is a live performance of Lähtemässä on youtube and its actually quite nice. So thought I would share it with you. I think its a pretty song.



I'm surprised at how much I've written about Antti, and ashamed yet again to admit that I could easily write more. However, I will save it for the return of Sounds of Europe. Poor Rach isn't an Antti fan, but I'm afraid she doesn't have a choice anymore.

No comments: