March 29, 2009

Music Music Music

I've been on a bit of CD spree lately. Ok, maybe 'spree' is a bit of an overstatement. But I found a number of albums that I will get round to buying. Its just I feel I should buy them one at a time, else I wont listen to them properly. But this week I bought 2 new CDs.

The first one is from an artist called Olavi Uusivirti. He was one included on my friends list. She pointed me towards his song '
On Niin Helppoo Olla Onnelinen', which Rach found to be a hilarious title. I guess there are a lot of O's going on there, hehe. Its means 'Its so easy to be happy'. I'm not sure if he's being ironic though. Anyway, the video is quite nice.

But I clicked around and found some other songs from him that I quite like. For example,
Hautalaulu is a beautiful moving song. The lyrics are quite sad, so I wont translate the title for you as it might put you off listening to it. But think of it like a lyllaby. Both these songs are on his latest album, but I found an older album in the sale at Anttilla, called Minä Olen Hullu (I'm crazy). Its quite a cool album, quite brit-pop in a way, apart from it being in Finnish obviously. I think its an album you should listen to as a whole, but it includes my current favourite track from him, called 6:06. Check it out;



The second album I got was one I'd been looking for for a while. I posted a song by Katri Ylander called
Unta a while ago, and I still like it very much. I think her voice is very pretty, and she sings songs of a style fitting to her voice. They arent exactly modern pop hits, maybe they are a bit old-fashioned, but the album is a nice relaxing listen. There are some songs with a bit of bite though, one of which is called Valehdellaan;


No comments: