March 29, 2009

Packing is Boring

I really should be planning what to pack. Yes, I am returning to my home shores this week. I'm not going till Thursday, but what with work, I know if I dont plan my packing today it will be a last minute rush. And really its not as simple as packing for home. This will be the last time I go home before I go back permanently, and I have waaaaay too much stuff here in Finland. I was hoping that all the extra winter clothes I brought here after Christmas could go back with me at easter. But given that its still snowing, and rarely getting above about 3degrees during the day, I'm thinking I shouldnt part with them just yet. Oh I dont know what to do. I guess I will just have to pay the extra weight charges come July, or do what Rach did and post a few boxes of stuff home. But yeah, I'm sure there's some stuff I can get rid of now.

On the subject of home though, I am pretty happy to be going back. I love snow as much as the next person, but seriously, 3 months! Its just too much. I want to see grass again. Its traditional that it pours with rain for my birthday (a week today!), but if I stay here I have a feeling it would snow! I love spring time though, so will like to get home to experience it properly :)

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

British Summer Time started today so that's usually a cue for rain hehe.

I think 3 months of snow would probably drive you doolally although I bet the Finns just get on with life and their country doesn't grind to a standstill, and I bet they dress properly for it unlike over here.

Happy packing anyway, whatever you decide to bring with you...

Keira said...

They do dress properly. My friend thinks I'm mad everytime I remind her that I dont wear anything under my jeans. Well, other than underwear naturally. Although I have taken to wearing an extra layer under my t-shirt. And hats, I hate hats, but have acquired a many number here.

The packing didn't actually happen... oops. I'm sure it will be fine. Maybe packing under pressure will work out ok. I think thats what happened at christmas...