March 07, 2009

Pulling on my Heart Strings.

After watching enough of MF to see Star Pilots perform I switched over to the Estonian finals. I only heard the songs from Traffic onwards, but was taken with Traffic's song enough to keep watching and see how they did. Their song is not very eurovision. It reminded me more of something Icelandic/Bloc Party/(dare I say) Coldplay -ish. So was happy to hear they made it to head-2-head against yet another strings-based contender. One that had been on earlier in the show before I tuned in. As it happens the string song won. Probably for the best, since as I said Traffic's song wasn't particularly esc. So then listened to Urban Symphony, and actually, its pretty good. Its sort of stuck in my head already. The camera-work made me feel a bit dizzy but the whole dark mysterious electro symphony vibe is pretty cool, and it will be interesting to see how this fares up against the other srting-based songs of this year (Slovenia in particular). So I think we have the theme for esc 2009.


No comments: