February 17, 2009

You Get It And Go

Sorry for the lack of travel posts. I will definitely be posting about Lapland once I return from my weekend in the Baltics. Thats right, im away again. I will be leaving 4am(!) thursday morning for a 4-day trek around Tallinn & Riga. I went to Tallinn back in August, but I always hoped to get back there again before the year is out. Its very beautiful, and so close! And as a pit stop on the way to Riga, its ideal. I know there are rediculously cheap flights from Tampere to Riga, but by the time you add in the train fair to Tampere and back, this organised trip will work out about the same. And I get to view the scenary between here and Riga on the way. After the 16 hour coach trip to Lapland, this should be a dodle.

But in the meantime, this has been a surprisingly stressful few days. I was dying for the weekend to come, as I was still completely wiped from Lapland. Back to work on monday though, and I realised I still had to pay for this weekends trip, and I had left my bank stuff at home! Meant I had to take a 2 hour lunch break to go home, get my stuff, get back to town to the bank, and then wolf down lunch... And I had intended to finish off an important interim report that is due back at my home uni by the end of the month. I had set myself the deadline of finishing it before going to Lapland, but that didnt happen. So am determined to have it finished before Tallinn instead. Hopefully it will be in the post tomorrow afternoon!


Other things stressing me out include, the laundry room machines breaking down, meaning I've just flooded the bathroom in an attempt to get enough clean clothes to pack tomorrow night, and also the fact that my toe has decided to start playing up. My toe has hurt on and off for a while, but since Lapland it has definitely been more on than off. Especially today, at times it was so so painful I was starting to think it might be broken. I'll soldier on though...

So, until Monday (if I'm still alive!)

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Tallinn and Riga! Haven't been to Tallinn but went to Riga last year and really enjoyed it. Will probably be a lot colder this time of year (but warmer than Lapland). Check out my Riga Diaries on EuropeCrazy from May 2008 for some tips. Just remember to take care with that toe!

Keira said...

I will do thanks! I remembered your trip to Riga and had a reread of the diaries last night. Have a good idea what to expect now, thanks :)

Oh, and you know you're an internet junkie, when your up at 3am but still find time to check your email!