February 16, 2009

Don't You Know Who You Are? You're My Shooting Star

There's a song that, although quite old now, I return to time and time again. I have a terrible habit of buying albums because I like the single, listening to it once, and then discarding it. This is what I did with Air Traffic's album. However, I always had the feeling that if I just gave the album a chance, a bit of time to sit and really listen to it, that I would learn to love it. The fact that I keep going back to this song is a testament of how well-written the songs are.

So this week I have been listening to Fractured Life, and it is indeed starting to nestle a place in my heart. I don't love all the songs, but I certainly love more than just the one I'm going to share with you. No More Running Away is my current favourite, but the single that made me buy the album is called Shooting Star and its a beautifully dramatic love song. I don't understand how bands like Keane, Snow Patrol and Coldplay are so famous, and this band never really got a chance to shine.




1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hadn't heard of them before now. They certainly have a bit more bite to their music than the bands you mentioned. Very nice, energetic, anthemic song too.