February 03, 2009

Lapland!!!

In less than 5 hours I will be off on my trip to Lapland! I realise I havent mentioned it much on here, but its mostly because I wasnt that excited about it I guess. But now that its here I am getting rather excited. I think the main thing putting me off is the overnight coach (!) journey. Eugh. We leave at 8:30 and get to Rovaniemi at 9am tomorrow morning. And then we have a couple more hours after that before we get to Levi. But I once went by coach to Italy on a school ski trip and that took literally 24 hours. So this should be a doddle. I'm armed with tons of videos of comedians and music videos on my ipod, and have a good book to tide me over. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep for some of it too.

Anyway, once that part is over there will of course be the amazing 5 days in the heart of Lapland. I have to say, despite there being snow here for a good week or so already, I am a bit jealous of the mad excitement of my friends back home playing in the snow. I havent really had the chance to yet. But I expect I'll have plenty of time to roll around in the snow. I promise to try and take lots of photos, but my camera is corrupted, and can be a bit temperamental. So we'll see.

On the itinerary for the week is; plenty of skiing, a husky dog safari, karaoke, Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi, Kemi snow castle, and lots of sauna time I expect.

To be honest, i'm looking forward to just having a relaxing few days in a cottage in the middle of a winter wonderland. Since August really, it feels like I havent stopped much. I need a holiday! hehe. I mean, Stockholm was such a rush, and Christmas didnt pan out exactly as I had hoped, so fingers crossed this will be more successful!

So, thats the last you'll hear from me till Monday now folks!

No comments: