February 14, 2009

General Musings on Life and Melodifestivalen

The last few days have been quite confusing for me. Potentially exciting, but still my head has been a bit all over the place. Its been quite a week in limbo as such. I returned from Lapland and went pretty much straight back to work. the result of this was having a nice long nap yesterday afternoon, before then staying up till 5am! And then today has been tidying my room in an attempt to locate my missing Finnish sim card so that I can do my laundry and think about repacking for my trip to Tallinn and Riga next weekend! Yes, I am a busy bee indeed. Its great though, I feel like the time is really ticking away. I'm already dreading having to leave this beautiful country. Really, I'm loving it so much. Even if it can be a little lonely at times...

Aaaaanyway. In other news,
Måns Zelmerlöw is going to be in the second semi for Melodifestivalen this week. I have never watched it before, but I love Måns very much, and am excited about the new material that should be getting a release very soon. Hopefully before my return to Stockholm around July :) The song is called Hope & Glory, and you can listen to a clip of the song here. I have to admit I was a bit dissappointed on first listen, its not quite as 'cool' as Cara Mia, but actually after a few more listens I've decided its rather catchy, and just unashamedly poppy. I just hope that when I hear the whole thing along with the performance it will blow my socks off, hehe.

As for last weeks Melodifestivalen, I still haven't got round to listening to the songs that have actually made it to the final, but instead had a listen to Marie Sernaholt's and Jonathan Fagerlund's songs. Marie's is rather cool funky pop, and I like it. Jonathan's is more along the lines of the unashamedly cheesy pop, but I love it. It gets stuck in my head a lot, so will no doubt keep listening to it for a while yet. In fact, here's the performance...



No comments: