February 12, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

I LOVE the Finnish work ethic. Officially I started work over an hour ago, although I'm always at least 30minutes late on account of leaving my house 5km away at about the time that I'm supposed to start... Anyway, so after 20minutes of checking emails and things, I decide I should go and find my supervisor to ask about the days work. I find her eating cake in the coffee room (someone got married). She then explains that she hasnt decided what I need to do for the day yet, as she was distracted by the cake. So she tells me to sit and eat some cake while she goes and decides... Fabulous. No complaints here.

As for last night, my housemate came home and spared me from my boredom. The Russian Language Circle were meeting to go bowling, so I joined them. I have now learnt the numbers 1-10! Hurrah! haha. Oh, and I learnt the words for 'pin' and 'bowling ball'. I'm sure they'll come in very handy on my planned trip to Russia in April :)

No comments: