October 16, 2008

TPS - Ice Hockey!

Tonight I headed to Turkuhalli to watch an ice hockey match between the Turku team TPS and a team from Lahti. Was good fun, and I've decided I actually quite like Ice Hockey. Its pretty fast moving, so more interesting than football, but the goal is really small so it still takes a lot to score (I like to play Basketball, but watching it is pointless because they just score so often really). Anyway, I really had no idea about the rules and fouls and things, but its easy viewing and you get the point - get the puck in the goal. Simple.


Anyway, we as the uni group took up a whole stand (which was quite a big deal considering the hall wasnt all that packed). We even got a shout out over the speakers - over 100 international students of the university of Turku! Well they did us a good deal - only €5 a ticket!

The match is broken up into 3 half-hour sections, and we scored in the first session, but then Lahti's team equalised in the second third. Luckily
though, TPS managed to score 2 goals in the third third giving us a 3-1 victory - Hurrah!


I seem to remember that we have a pretty good ice hocket team back in Guildford actually. I think I'll definitely go again while I'm in Finland and you never know I might carry it on back home!

No comments: