October 29, 2008

News Flash

Finnish kids are as annoying as British ones.

On my return from the supermarket, I walked into my building and then the lighst went out (they're those ones that stay on for 3minutes or so at a time). Deciding not to go back to the switch by the door, I continue to the lift where I know there is another one.


Suddenly there is a strange growling noise. Now I'm not that scared of dogs normally, but in the pitch black, I have to say this scared me for a split second. That was until i heard the giggles that followed. Got to the lift and turned on the light to see 3 Finnish chav children sitting in the corner of the ground floor. Very funny. Actually, I'm glad it was dark so they didnt have the satisfaction of seeing my scared face.


I wish they locked the main door here like they did in Helsinki. Although in Helsinki I think it was to keep the hobo's out, not the kids. I once had a hobo follow me in the building and then sat himself in the lift for the night. He kept mumbling to me in Finnish. Was pretty scary actually, but just took the stairs for the rest of the week. Luckily the lift here has a window, so can check for Hobo's before opening the door.

No comments: