October 03, 2008

Just Some Ramblings

So its finally the weekend again. Its been a pretty packed week. Not sure why, but just feel like I've been busy the whole time. Works getting busier now as well, so maybe I'm just more tired by the evenings. And tonight Rachel is away in Denmark (having a fabulous time no doubt) and everyone else seems to be off at party's or whatever. But I am already looking forward to an early night and my first lie-in in 2 weeks! The last two weekends have been pretty packed, and now I actually have no plans what-so-ever for this weekend.

If the weather turns good then I will head back to Ruissalo to walk around the nature reserve this time. Most of the island seems to be woodland by the look of it, so will be nice to explore that a little. If not though, I think I might do some serious shopping. I planned to go earlier in the week, the same day my cash card was munched by the cash machine. But I have been told a new one is on the way. So perhaps I can window shop tomorrow, choose what I want to buy, and then do a quick sweep of town in the week after work and buy all the bits I chose. If that makes sense. I only have one pair of shoes with me here in Finland, and have since discovered they are not water-proof at all.


Went back to Koulu last night for another meeting of the language cirlce, but we were somewhat smaller in number. The rain no doubt put people off, and also lots of people have gone on the trip to Russia (why I didnt go I'm not sure, I'm so jealous - next sememster for sure). But it was nice, and 4 hours flew by and ended up getting the last bus home! Wasnt very awake for work this morning...


Also this week was the 'Two Months in Finland' mark, which is pretty cool. Some days its feels like nothing is different and everythings just normal. And some days I remember that I'm miles from home and this is supposed to be some big adventure! Working 9-5 you tend to forget and just get into a routine.


Work seems to be getting a bit better now too. Started taking my coffee break in the afternoon, so seeing faces around a lot more. Think most people know I'm english now, so have given up talking to me in Finnish, which is good because it was getting annoying explaining to people all the time. Had a full-blown conversation with someone today as well. Was pretty cool :)


So here's to next week. My it continue! (And may my bank card arrive!)

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

It really is nice doing bugger all once in a while- think that's what I'll be doing next weekend.As for Russia,I have a plan that I keep forgetting to tell you about.
And yes,working everyday does make time go fast,but then sometimes you think "mmm,I could be doing this at home...where people TALK TO ME!"The meetings at various German ministries make me feel all glamorous,but there's nothing glam about writing entries for what looks like a dating agency for businesses.Forgot to tell you about that too.