October 29, 2008

I Put My Headphones On in the Waterfront Dance Club

Going to see The Rasmus the other week has reawakened the gigging girl in me. I've also had the iPod on shuffle lately so been digging up so old songs from my angsty teen years. Has been good.

So a week today Disco Ensemble are playing at a club in Turku. Should I go? No idea. They had a song called We Might Fall Apart that they released in the UK 3 or so years ago and then did nothing else there again. But I really liked that song, and really liked the new single from them that I heard on the radio on the way to Salo. Its called Headphones;




Also, in two weeks time, Funeral For A Friend are playing in Helsinki. I've been meaning to see them for years now, ever since they released Streetcar really, but then the thrid album was kinda sucky so went off them a bit. However, they released a new album earlier this month, and although I havent bought it (yet) the single is sounding like a return to form. So I would love to go and see them. But the gig is on a sunday night, and in a city 2 hours from here. So not sure if I can go, but will keep it in mind, and we'll see I guess. Anyway, the new single is called Waterfront Dance Club, check it;



No comments: