June 09, 2008

Helsinki in August!

So it seems I've been successful in my application to go on a language course. But not only that, I got my first choice - Helsinki! I'm very excited, although now it seems kind of scary. I moved out of my house in Guildford this morning, and am now settling in at home again. But in less than two months I'll be in Finland! Madness!

Unfortunately, I'm still having a bit of a headache where the actual application is concerned. Long story short, they're still requesting something that I cant actually fill out, as I'll be working rather than on a degree course. And until I get a confirmed offer, I cant apply for accommodation (or book flights etc.)


In the meantime, I'm going about the business of preparing bank accounts, insurance etc as though I'm definitely going. This week, I've also been in contact with the current students out there on placement, and they've been giving me some great advice (along with the offer to buy a bike, hehe).


So fingers crossed that I can get this application business sorted and start getting really excited!

2 comments:

Schlager Queen said...

congratulations! have a great time i loved Helsinki when we visited for Eurovision beautiful place

Keira said...

Thanks! I do feel like I'm going a year too late, hehe. I can't wait though!