June 11, 2008

С Днем Рождения - Дмитрий Колдун

Ok, my Russian is pretty bad, but I hope that's right. Today is of course the birthday of a certain Belarussian Superstar! No, not Ruslan, but Dima Koldun! I believe he is 23 today, and it should also mark the release of his début album (finally). I would write a longer post about him, but I think most people who know me, know enough about him already. So instead I thought I'd post some of my favourite videos of him, spanning his career;

Lets start with some Fabrika Zved, which he won the 6th series of;



And one from the house, complete with inflatables;



Then of course what started it all on an international scale - his being selected for Eurovision. Ok, so this is pretty bad, but its actually the first time me and Rach set eyes on Dima;



As most of you know, he then went on to come 6th in the final of Eurovision 2007. After which he has done some performances, and released a few singles. The first of which was A Dlya Tebya (complete with lovely video);



Finally, and most recently, he has released a video for Tsarevna, and lovely ethnic-style ballad. Here's hoping the album rumours are true and we see some new material from him soon;



That brings you pretty much up-to-date. For more regular news on Mr Koldun, definitely check Rach's blog. Her knowledge of Russian is better than mine. Or if you speak French, there's a blog in my list on the right that's good for Dima news.

So many happy returns Dima, wishing you health and success in the coming years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Koldun is always the best.!!!!!!!!!!1 xD

Anonymous said...

KOLDUN IS THE BEST! if you don't know yet, here are all international fans http://www.dmitrykoldunfansinternational.co.nr so if you know any fans that don't know about the website / aren't registered, please inform them.