June 16, 2008

Forgotten Gems; Part 2

Continuing with the uploading, I've been having some major technical issues today. First the internet wouldn't connect (after trouble shooting, it suggested I look for updates, so clicked 'yes' only to be asked to connect to the internet in order for it to do so! Gah!), and then iTunes itself seems to have gone on strike (it did this yesterday too). However, I have still got some tunes to share with you today.

First up is an old anthem from the yellow holiday camp where me and Rach lived last year. In fact, the day I bought this album was perhaps our first act of noise terrorism. Yes, me and Rach had complaints after frequent party's (and by party I mean just the two of us in my room, drinking Russian-based cocktails and singing loudly to various music - hardly the level of skins). I digress, this is 'Atlantis to Interzone' by The Klaxons and is a stonker of a track. It used to be my alarm you know, as you can image - it worked.



Now, lets move onto a little known band by the name of Larrikin Love. This is the first song I heard of theirs and loved it. How excited was I then, when my friend told me she had booked tickets to see them in Harlow of all places (scummy essex town near where I live where nothing exciting ever happens apart from this gig and the birth of ME 21 years ago). I dont quite know what genre you'd call it - I think i created a genre on Sounds of Europe once when I called something very NME. Well, in that case, this band is very NME also. Anyway, they've split now, but the album is very good and this track is called 'Edwould'.



Then another track that I loved once upon a time, and still very much do. I dont listen to it much, mostly because the album turned out to be a bit rubbish. However, this track is still very good and I'm surprised it didnt do better. I dont think it would be out of place on the Fratelli's album or some other brit-rock band. Anyway, they're called Boy Kill Boy, and this track is called 'Suzie'.



Finally, I'm ending, not with a full track but a Prelude. I just uploaded AFI (A Fire Inside)'s album Decemberunderground, and as iTunes does, the first track started playing. Its only 2minutes long, but I love this little intro to what is a very very good album. Its actually very mainstream for this band (believe it or not) and they were called sell-outs after its release. However it was a very successful album, and worthy of its success I think. So this is a little intro called 'Prelude 12/21';



Another four tomorrow perhaps.

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

Haha,Skins! I suppose it was a bit like that compared the normal deathly silence and emptiness of the place :)