May 06, 2009

Roots? Like Beetroot?

This week saw the release of Antti Tuisku's latest single for radio airplay. I don't listen to Finnsih radio much, but I found it on trusty youtube. Can't say that I'm immediately in love with it, but I like enough that I will be listening to it a lot in the coming weeks, and I think its a grower, so will be in love with it in no time I expect. I guess its just that he has taken a break for a year or so, and I was expecting something big to signal his return. Am excited to hear the album though, which better be being released before I leave. Anyway, here it is. It's called Juuret, which means roots. Thats all I know.


2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I was totally unaware he had a new single coming out! Thank goodness for the Internet's Finnish-knowledgeable correspondent :)

...it's different from what I was expecting, too. There's something about it that I can see possibly being hauntingly pretty with time, though, so I'm going to tentatively put myself in the "expecting I'll grow to love it" camp with you. It sounds like it's got some interesting things going on (like the bells) that I'd like to hear in higher quality.

Keira said...

Yeah, it starts off a bit plain but sort of builds with different layers as it carries on. Which is quite interesting. It has grown on me a bit, but not that much. I think if I could watch a performance, or yeah hear a better quality version, then that would help.

Oh, and I found out he's singing about tree roots. A metaphor involving nature, a must for every Finnish pop song it seems...