May 26, 2009

Last Weekemd

So, its been an interesting few days. We didn’t have the bank holiday weekend like you lucky souls at home (although we had a bank holiday Thursday so cant complain too much I guess). But my weekend has been made up of films, food, and cheerleading.

The film society (I’m guessing) hosted another film festival this weekend, where I saw an interesting Norwegian documentary on the acidification of the ocean, and how co2 emissions are threatening the future of all marine life. Heavy stuff, but enlightening. I also saw a few shorts, some good, some bad, some indifferent. It was all free though, so why not eh? I then went to my boyfriends where he was determined to show me Rocky. He is convinced its not just about boxing. And ok, it isn’t entirely, but is still a bit :p But yeah, it was actually alright, better than I expected. So that was the film section of the weekend. I should mention also, that in return for showing me Rocky, I am introducing him to a wealth of British comedy – Black Books, Fawlty Towers, Michael McIntyre, Frankie Boyle… The list goes on.

Next for the food. I have made Yorkshire pudding for unsuspecting Finns twice this week. The first time was more successful than the second, but both were edible :) I’ve also had mince meat soup and meat balls and potato wedges cooked for me. Its nice to have proper meals for a change. I should get more into cooking. Its not that hard. But supernoodles or beans on toast is just so much easier :) And sandwiches, never underestimate the beauty of a good sandwich :)

Then the cheerleading. Well, yes, my boyfriends sister was competing, and he was official photographer, so I went along with him. It was actually quite entertaining. There’s a lot of different skills involved. Dancing, co-ordination, trust and impressive acrobatics. And with the right music, its pretty cool to watch. I agree that Waldo’s People makes for a good song to cheerlead to, but I must have heard it more than 5 times within an hour! Oh, and 30seconds or so of a remix of Fairytale, which was odd.

But overall an enjoyable weekend. Although the thunderstorm on Saturday wanst so nice. I mean, I was indoors at the time, but inside a wooden hourse… Wooden houses somehow seem like a major fire hazard when surrounded by bolts of lightening… The weather is glorious now though, and I’m thinking of wondering around for a while after work with my camera and taking a few pictures to share with you all.

And I promise I will finish the Russia diarys sometime soon. I took way to many pictures, but have finally sorted through the best and the rest, so should have those started up again by the weekend…

No comments: