May 30, 2009

I Was Just Walking Around in the Sun...

The summer is finally arriving in Finland. Or maybe its just the spring, I cant tell. Either way the sun was shining beautifully yesterday. So after work I met with Mira for pizza and then we went for ice cream along the river. We went for a soft-ice/99 flake style ice cream this time. Except of course they don't have flakes here :( BUT they did have a choice between vanilla, chocolate, or a mix of the two! Magic. So we sat along the river for a while until the sun went behind some bushes. In search of more sun, we went higher. Towards the observatory hill. We found a second spot, but once again the sun moved behind some trees, so we continued yet higher until we were practically at the top of the hill. Success. Anyway, I'm not sure whether it was the prolonged sun exposure, the high altitude, or a sugar rush, but I was in such a bizzare mood. It was the best afternoon I've had in a while. It made me feel young again, in the days when you could just chill out with friends without a care in the world and forget about the passing of time.

I have some pictures and a song to share with you. In my crazy state I ended up singing a random selection of songs to the increasingly concerned Mira. This being one of them...





I should mention that Mira had never heard of Adam and the Ants before. Anyway, I also have some lovely photos. They're just of the sunshine, but still...



BBQ tonight! Although its partly a farewell party for my housemate who is leaving early tomorrow morning. There have been a few goodbyes this week. It makes me sad. Mostly because it reminds me that it will be my turn before long :(

4 comments:

Raquelita said...

Yes and you'll be back where you belong my dear- you,me,Guildford,Russkiy Standard,singing into hairbrushes.You don't get that in Finland now,do you? :)

Me and Sophie went for cocktails today- they were posh and expensive,but not a patch on Dennis in a Cup.

Keira said...

Aww, Dennis dans kuppi (mix of french and finnish there, you see...)

I dunno where I belong, might have to go listen to that song on your blog...

But I'm sure wherever I end up in 12 months time, the time in Gtown will be good times. I've missed you.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Aw I'm getting quite emotional here!! Now when is Sounds of Europe coming back???

Keira said...

Aww, hehe :) Me and Rach have a strange relationship, but apparently a very strong one. I'm so glad we've stayed close despite the distance.

As for sounds of Europe. I was listening to some of the old shows yesterday (is that vain?) and well, its got me all in the mood. So we'll be jumping right in with it come October I expect (when the new semester starts). Cant wait!