May 22, 2009

Eurovision Final - My Final Thoughts

Apologies for the disappearance again. I didn’t want to write about anything else until I’d done the compulsory eurovision post, but just wasn’t feeling that inspired. I have to say, it wasn’t the best night (for a mixture of reasons) but even despite beginning to be a bit excited before the show, I still wasn’t blown away by any of the song. Greece grew on me upon a second hearing, but was too early on to be remembered when it came to voting. Ukraine was still shockingly psychotic (I felt the whole thing was designed by someone who couldn’t decided between different ideas, so just ended up doing everything). Iceland, Estonia and Romania were still my favourites by the end of the show. But for the first time in a long time, I didn’t bother to vote. I thought Iceland was nice, and it was my favourite, but I just didn’t want to it to win for some reason. And I think we all knew back in March who was going to win anyway, so I just didn’t see the point. Am pleased that the UK did so well, although I don’t believe that we deserved it actually. And am very sad that Finland ended up bottom. I wonder if Signmark would have done any better? Probably not. As for the actual show, I liked Dima’s bit at the beginning, although I was cringing when he got his coat stuck. Poor guy. That could have ended badly. The walls were a bit strange, but ok. The interval act was all a bit strange for me though. All that spinning was making me dizzy. I think I preferred the interval acts of the semi’s. All in all, I went home feeling that it was a fairly predictable outcome, no major surprises, no major highlights either really. So, time to get excited about Oslo 2010 perhaps?

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

What,you mean Romans,big wheels and the world's sluttiest dress don't go together?

I don't think Jade's song was any better than Andy's last year,and although she has a great voice,I think she still only did so well because of ALW and the fact he dragged her all round Europe to promote it.It was just as predictable as Norway winning really.But it's OK,we can still be happy because at least one of those nasty Eastern European countries didn't win.

By the way,that guy who was presenting also presents Stenka na Stenku.They could have made Dima's walls a bit more interesting.

Keira said...

-can you really call that a dress?
-your totally right. Andy had a good voice too, ok the song was a bit trite, but it wasnt awful. We totally whored ourselves out this year. It was a PR victory, not a musical one.
-and I believe the schlagerboys wrote something about how Dima's walls would have been improved with a few shapes cut in and a pool of water the other side...