May 19, 2008

What better way to learn Finnish...

So, just two more days and all my exams will be over - hurrah! Then the summer can really begin. Of course, there's a million forms to be filled out before I leave the uni, and of course the two remaining exams require some form of revision. What doesn't help is the leak in the ceiling that meant we had to switch all our lights off last night :/ Any excuse to get out of work, eh.

One of the forms that needs filling out is one for a language course in August, which I was hoping to do since I don't speak a word of Finnish. The great thing about the courses is that they are being held at various uni's in Finland, so I'll get first hand experience. I have to select a first and second choice from a list of about 10 different places. There is one at Turku, but I'm thinking it might be more fun to explore somewhere different since I'm going to be living in Turku for a year. So, I'm going for the fairly obvious (and no doubt popular) Helsinki, and then Tampere as a second choice. I think. I might have changed my mind next week and end up in Lapland.

Feel like this was a bit of a pointless post, so will add a nice Finnish song on the bottom to cheer things up. This is one of the only Finnish pop singers I know - his name is Antti Tuisku and he was introduced to me by Postergirl. I'd recommend having a listen to Läpi Jään and Yritä Ymmärtää, but the link below is the video for his song Tyhjä Huone;

Have no idea what it means, but hopefully by the end of August I will :)

No comments: