May 27, 2008

Vienna on Thursday!

So, preparations for Finland have come to a bit of a stand-still. I finished the application for the language course (choosing Helsinki and Tampere as predicted). It all got sent off without any trouble, as I had an email in reply from someone in Finland saying that my application will now undergo a screening process and I will be notified by 20th June whether or not I have been accepted. Fingers Crossed!

It's all redundant of course, if I don't get accepted to the university that I'm planning to do the exchange at. I sent off my application ages ago, and gave a copy of my transcripts to the organising tutor at my uni to send off. Yesterday, I received an email stating that my application is incomplete, as they never received the transcript, and I now have a new deadline to deliver the transcripts to them. I've emailed my tutor to see what went wrong, but as yet he hasn't replied. The new deadline is next week, which would be fine if I weren't flying to Vienna Thursday, and not returning till the deadline date. You see my dilemma...


I'm going to Vienna to visit a friend so will hopefully have internet access on and off during the week. Its just a shame that this is the start my summer after a hectic month of exams, and this is a holiday I've been looking forward to for so long, that now I'm going to be worrying about this all week! Oh well, I will be back with a final post before Vienna tomorrow, and then will be back with tales of my travels on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

No comments: