May 21, 2008

Finland through to Eurovision Final

So it was the first semi-final for Eurovision last night, and as I sat down to watch it I hadn't given much thought to Finlands entry this year. I thought it was a bit of a joke song, judging from the video, but after watching the performance I was quite glad to see it get through to the final, just because it's something a bit different to break up the night. Similarly, I was happy that Israel and Bosnia & Herzegovina got through. Of course I'm happy that Dima Bilan got through. I'm pretty annoyed that yet again Andorra failed to qualify. I really liked the song, even if it was a typical predictable eurovision-type affair. I like to support the underdog, and I think new-comers to the competition always struggle, so was glad Azerbaijan got through with their... memorable performance. Shame San Marino didn't have the same success.

I'm more excited about the second semi-final, because most of my favourites are in it; Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, Belarus and Ukraine. My overall favourite is Iceland, but I've put money on Ukraine to win, because if Dima doesn't win it, Ani Lorak will. Of course, she has to qualify first, so we will see...

Last exam today! Hurrah!

No comments: