December 02, 2008

Holidays Are Coming...

Oh, I'm loving the Christmas tunes going on on Radio Nova at the minute. Been a long day at work, but a fairly laid-back one. My lecturer came from England to do the round of placement visits. He needed some lunch, so we sat and talked in the cafeteria for a while. Was getting really stressy about it last night, but it was actually... fun? I dont know, maybe just talking to someone who knew about my home uni/degree etc was nice. And telling someone about my experiences at work who actually understood. I mean, I bore Rach with my talk of immunoassays and phosphate buffers, but it was nice to talk with someone who has a knowledge of it already.

We're (the other placement students, their supervisors, and our lecturer) going out for dinner tonight, which should be nice.

Oh, and since he spoke to my supervisor first, he passed on some of her good comments to me. Such as the fact that she thinks I'm fairly competent and know when something is important enough to go and ask about when I'm unsure, and that she respects my persistence in going and sitting for coffee with my 'colleagues' even when they continue to speak in Finnish the whole time. :)

Oh wait, James Blunt, Your Beautiful just came on the radio. Maybe its time to go home...

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

I saw someone at a meeting last week who looked scarily like James Blunt- I couldn't stop looking at him.Then again I thought I saw Louis Theroux in McDonalds the other week too,so maybe it's just my eyes.