June 19, 2009

Happy Midsummer!

Seems I've not been keeping this blog very up-to-date with my goings on, but to be honest, there isn't that much to tell. I've just been going to work, spending time with my lovely boyfriend, and planning my mums mammoth visit (more on that another time). Mira has now abandoned me to go swanning off around Slovenia, Austria and the USA. Students, eh? But before she left last week, we headed off to Ruisalo for a bit of a swim. Was freezing cold, but I didnt care. I love swimming, but to swim in the ocean here is just one of my favourite things. Shame the sea is frozen half the year...

Also, this weekend its Juhanustasjsdfoudgcjsdbvohn. Well something like that. Basically, its midsummer. This weekend sees the shortest night (it really is only dark for about and hour or so these days), and traditionally everyone leaves the city to go to their cottages and spend the weekend grilling, swimming, and of course drinking. However, I don't own a cottage. So instead the boyfriend is coming here, and I'm going to attempt to cook cottage pie for him and his friend. I'm getting quite good at British cuisine out here. No microwavable equviliants in the supermarket you see... Plus I don't have a microwave.

Example of the sunset at 00:39 (note time stamp)


In other news, I have a terrible sore throat, I just got drenched in a rain storm that decided to come on just as I was leaving the supermarket, I've spilt blue cheese all over my keyboard, and yet another vehicle with blue falshing lights has driven past (the fourth in 20mins).

In other other news, I finally bought something from Marimekko (a famous Finnish designer). I bought this rather bright snazzy bag...


I spotted another bag I want from there on the way out too, but have decided to wait and buy it as a reward if I can write at least the main first draft of my final report by the time I leave Finland. It has to be ~6000 words, and I've made it to nearly the 2000 mark. Wayhay! So only another 4000 to go, and then I can have another bag :)

Oh, I've also decided I want the oven mitten, pencil case, and tin box to match my lovely new bag :) I'm going to be spending a lot of money come July...

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

And a happy midsummer to you too Keira - hope you and your boyfriend have a lovely time.

Blue cheese all over your keyboard. Hmmm....I once spilled red wine all over my keyboard and had to get a new one, I'm not sure what effect blue cheese would have on the keys though :)))

Keira said...

It seems to have survived with any repercussions - not even a bad smell, wayhay!

Me and the boyfriend had a lovely time. And the shepherds pie was a success!