April 28, 2009

Return from Russia

So, I return from my triumphant trip to Russia. Not sure what was so triumphant about it, but just feel like using that word. I'm pretty shattered as its straight back to work. However, that is a good sign as it showed I made the most of my time there. This was the most expensive trip of the year for me (the visa alone was €77!) however it was totally worth it. We had a great day in Moscow before heading off to St Petersburg for 4 days. St Petersburg is just beautiful. So much great architecture. Beautiful palaces and so many churches. Not to mention all the rivers. I really loved it there. And Russia people are not as rude as the stereotype suggests. Or maybe it was just all the sunshine we were lucky enough to have that was cheering people up. I have taken waaaaay too many photos, and have many storys to tell, so stay tuned for the travel diarys. Although this week is Vappu (the biggest date in the Finnish student calander) so it probably won't be till the weekend I'm afraid...

Oh, and on a side note, you might be surprised to hear that I didnt find any CDs worth buying...

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a totally fabulous time - can't wait to see the photos and read all about your adventures!!