April 11, 2009

Release Me

Sorry for the disappearance. Its been a bit non-stop since I've been back. Its all a bit odd actually, I've just slipped back into life here, and feel like I've picked up where I left off. Like Finland never happened. Its hard to think I'm going back again in just a few days. But its nice to know life doesnt move too fast here, and that I havent missed much while I've been away, that my friends are still here for when I come back.

As for my birthday, it was a lot of fun. Well, actually, the friday night out with my friends was great. Saturday morning I woke up with a hangover and a stinking cold (what is it with me and colds this year, I swear I'm never normally this bad), and then there was the bizarre behaviour of my cat leading to a trip to the vets, and the news that I may not make it to Russia as planned due to a few problems with the Visa. But I decided to try and forget all that for my actual birthday on the sunday, for which I went for a carvery at a posh hotel in the country :) Ate way too much and was in bed by 5pm though! Really feeling my age then :p

Anyway, as for the post title, I just saw Agnes' video for Release Me on the box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSb6e3grdL8). I heard she was releasing stuff over here, but hadnt heard the song before. I had seen it around but thought it was Leona Lewis :/ I paid better attention this time though, and am pleased to see her doing quite well over here with this song. Its a funky song, and deserves to do well.

3 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Yes I saw this too last night, I think it was either on The Box/4 Music/Smash Hits....anyway faithful travelling companion and me were watching the music channels and I said "is that Agnes"? and he said "she doesn't look like an Agnes", whatever an Agnes is supposed to look like ha ha! Anyway that was my second Swedish musical moment of the last couple of days: Star Pilots came on the radio at work on Thursday, and I yelled "Star Pilots!!" to the usual bemused looks from my chums :) anyway I told them they only had another two and a half working days to put up with me before I go on my pilgrimage to Sverige :))))

Glad you had a nice birthday, good to have you back and hope you're feeling better now.

Keira said...

Thanks :)

I heard Star Pilots were getting a UK release. I heard they made a video for it here too, so will have to look out for that.

You must be so excited about your pilgrimage! Its coming up fast. I hope it all goes to plan.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Friday!!!! Did some bag-packing today, aah the joys of hand luggage - I wish you could go everywhere with hand luggage although it's a challenge trying to get everything in and still stay within the weight limit.

I just hope it does all go to plan and that the flights aren't cancelled/delayed and that I have no problems collecting the tickets from the ticket agent, and that the main man actually turns up: one of his concerts got cancelled last week :( so fingers and everything else crossed that it goes ok. I just keep thinking about you and Rach going to see Jonatan and how brilliant that must have been for you. Even faithful travelling companion is beginning to summon up some excitement, he's not a fan and of course I'm dragging him along against his will but then that's what long-term boyfriends are for isn't it ha ha!! and he owes me one, that's all I'll say :)))))